This team incorporates the function of the former personnel team and will have guidance and oversight responsibility for issues relating to the administration of church business. The Treasurer and Pastor will work closely with this team. Areas of responsibility will include:
- The Review and Approval of Ongoing Contracts: utility, office equipment, phones, internet, etc. Will seek better terms for contracts annually. Admin must approve changes in these contracts (with session but may delegate responsibility to the pastor or staff as practical. All decisions that impact staff must be discussed with them prior to implementation.
- Personnel: While the Pastor will supervise paid staff, Admin will work with the Pastor to establish guidelines for supervision of staff when there is no pastor. Ongoing role is to encourage and support paid staff in their work. Issues or problems with staff should be discussed with the pastor and in lieu of a pastor, with the session.
- Development and Maintenance of the Church Operations Manual (per the BOO): Will develop and/or review policies regarding building and equipment use policy, wedding and funeral policy, personnel policies, and all other policies required by the BOO and those the church chooses to establish. Session must review and approve all policies and the final Church Operations Manual.
- Support of the Pastor and Treasurer: Will work to assist pastor and treasures in their administrative duties as requested.
- Meeting regularly—once per month or as needed.